After a blurry night of festivities, you’re rudely woken up by the morning sun and thinking: Damn, I’ll never drink again.
Been there, done that; we totally get you. Coach Rachelle of Central Ground Crossfit shows us 4 simple workouts to get your blood flowing, sweat dripping, and to relieve you from the worst hangover ever.
Combined with proper rest, some coconut water, and bananas for some potassium replenishment, you’ll be back in shape just in time for the work week to start.
Target: Core Stability
1. Face down, lay on the flat surface of the floor on a mat. Place your forearms between the floor and your chest, bringing your elbows directly beneath your shoulders. Stretch your legs and your feet while keeping your toes on the ground.
2. While maintaining a straight line from your shoulders down to your ankles, lift up your body a few inches off of the floor in such a way that only your forearms and your toes are in contact with the ground.
3. Find a focal point on the floor in front of you to keep your focus.
4. Engage your core, your spine, and your butt to keep that stability while keeping the neutral form.
5. Hold the plank for 30-60 seconds before lowering your body. Repeat.
6. Do 3 sets.
Target: Core Stability
1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms at your sides. Rest your weight in your heels
2. Push your hips back, bend your knees, and lower your body into a squat.
3. Place your hands on the floor directly in front of and just inside your feet. Shift your weight onto them.
4. Jump your feet back to land on the balls of your feet, bringing yourself to a plank position. Your body should form a straight line from your head to heels.
5. Jump again and bring your feet just outside of your hands.
6. Reach your arms over head and jump up into the air.
7. Land to position #1 and immediately proceed to your next rep.
8. Start small with 3 burpees for the first round. For the second round, do 5. For the third round, try 10.
Target: Abdominal Muscles
Tip: You can actually do this with or without equipment.
1. Lie down on the floor on your back and bend your legs at the knees. Elevate your torso and create an imaginary V-shape with your thighs. This is the starting position.
2. Twist your upper body to the side your first prefer and breathe out when your arms are parallel with the floor.
3. Hold the position for a second and then move back to position #2.
4. Do the same for the next side.
5. Do 3 sets with 10 reps each.
Dumbbell Floor Press
Target: Arms, Chest
1. Lie on the floor on your back. Face up.
2. Hold a pair of dumbbells above your shoulders and keep your arms straight.
3. Lower the weights until your upper arms touch the floor.
4. Press them up to the starting position #2.
5. Do around 10-15 reps.
Produced by Alyssa Castillo and Sam Potenciano
Photography and Videography by Renzo Navarro
Production assisted by Jasmine Seale
Special thanks to Inna Alejandro-Pesigan, Dino Alejandro, and Chino Roque
CENTRAL GROUND CROSSFIT IS LOCATED AT UNIT 13-15 ONE PARKADE, 7TH AVE CORNER 28TH STREET IN BONIFACIO GLOBAL CITY. BOOK A CLASS AT CENTRALGROUNDCF.COM.