Central Square at Bonifacio High Street is going green this weekend as it hosts a travel fair for the eco-minded. Starting today and running until Sunday, the Green Wanderer Travel Fair aims to marry tourism and sustainability.
There is a lot going on over the three days of the fair, anything from products by local artisans to uniquely-curated itineraries. Here are some highlights you might want to check out.1. Acclaimed underwater photographer Gutsy Tuason will showcase some of his breathtaking photos in an exhibit.
2. CNN Philippines’ Mitzi Borromeo will moderate a panel with Our Awesome Planet’s Anton Diaz, WWF Philippines’s Joel Palma and Alexa Cancio, and Donsol, Sorsogon Mayor Josephine Alcantara-Cruz on the topic of sustainability (August 12, 9am)
3. Miko Santos and Jinggay Sorono of the UP Mountaineers will teach basic hiking and climbing (August 13, 2pm)
4. Mackie Bretaña of Qubo will speak about the benefits of growing your own food. You will also get a chance to win DIY garden kits. (August 13, 6pm)
5. There will be screening of National Geographic’s award-winning series Years of Living Dangerously (August 11, 11am; August 12, 7pm; August 13, 7pm)
6. Mark Mabanag, the filmmaker behind Archipelago, will talk about Traveling and Surfing Photography while Lagalag will give a rope tying workshop. (August 12, 6pm)
7. There will be special promos and raffle prizes for guests including a special package and a two-night plus one night free offer from September 14-17 from El Nido Resorts. Other prizes include stays at The Circle Hostel branches (Zambales, La Union, Baler) and Daluyon Beach and Mountain Resort (Palawan). Cebu Pacific is also raffling off a roundtrip ticket to a local destination.Special products and offers from a host of brands and companies including Lakambini, Reef PH, and Banana Peel. Various talks about sustainable travel will be scattered at different times of the event. “Right now, there isn’t any common online platform to find all the sustainable travel options in the Philippines,” says Cancio, who is the chairperson of WWF-Philippines National Youth Council, “which is why it is timely to organize a travel fair like Green Wanderer that will house sustainable options for the people.”
THE GREEN WANDERER TRAVEL FAIR WILL BE FROM AUGUST 11 TO 13 AT CENTRAL SQUARE, BONIFACIO HIGH STREET CENTRAL, BONIFACIO GLOBAL CITY, TAGUIG. FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT FACEBOOK.COM/WWW.PHILIPPINES, OR FOLLOW @SSILIFEPH ON INSTAGRAM.